Host: Jamie Johnson - BSc (Hons), MSc, PGCE. Jamie is a Science teacher who is passionate about breaking down complex topics into digestible bites for students.
Energy transfers happen around us all the time, and are the purpose of the machines we use in our daily lives. This lesson introduces the ideas;
1. that energy is conserved,
2. that energy can be transferred usefully or wasted,
3. how to represent the efficiency of these transfers using an equation and a diagram.
Safeguarding reminder: We know that the safety of your child is of the utmost important. This is why we use Zoom's Webinar feature to provide our live classes, where by default, your child's webcam and microphone are disabled.
- Describe how energy is transferred and stored in different systems.
- Explain how to reduce transfers of wasted energy.
- Calculate the efficiency of energy transfers in different scenarios.
This class is suitable for all ages, especially for students looking to revise a key concept in Science in Years 10 and 11.